Snails have been a common food source for centuries in many countries, particularly in Europe, North Africa and South East Asia. However, in the past few years the cosmetic industry has discovered that these slimy creatures have great natural benefits that could help your skin look younger and healthier.
Here is a list of the 5 powerful benefits that Snail Slime has:
- Snail slime (or its cosmetic name, snail filtrate) is packed with nutrients such as hyaluronic acid, glycoprotein, proteoglycans, and antimicrobial and copper peptides, all of which are commonly used in beauty products and proven to be beneficial for the skin. These elements help to protect the snail’s skin from damage, infection, dryness and UV rays.
- Snail slime contains 91-98% water. The slime is filtered multiple times to increase its concentration and ensure its purity. Some snail slime products claim to contain as much as 97% snail secretion filtrate.
- Snail mucin is best known for its anti-aging properties. It helps to stimulate the formation of collagen and elastin, protects skin from free radicals, soothe skin, repairs damaged tissues and restores hydration.
- Snail secretion filtrate is widely used in Korean beauty products such as serums, facial masks, moisturizers and fading creams.
- Snail spas are quite popular in Thailand, and have reached major beauty-conscious Asian countries such as Japan and Korea. During the spa session, living snails are put on the client’s face and left to slither around.